Here are some useful tips that will help you maximize your Google Adsense revenue:
1. Make sure that the ads blend in with your site. Use colors for your ads that will blend in with the colors of your website. The idea here is to make the ads look more like just another part of your site. This includes setting the border and background of the ads to the same color as your website background and making the link text the same color as the link text that you're using on your site.
2. Place the ads in a prominent position of your website. Research has shown that the most effective places are the top center and the top right hand side of a website.
3. Use the most profitable ad format. Through testing, the wide ads (336x280, 300x250 or 250x250) are the best performing ads.
4. Wrap your content around the ad. Doing this will get the ads seen by more of your visitors
5. Maintain relevant content. Use good quality content focusing keywords on a single topic will attract more targeted ads which in turn will increase the likelihood of your visitors clicking on the ads. Visitors are far more likely to click on ads that are relevant to what they are looking for on your site.
6. You can also increase revenue by using the Adsense for search on your site. It's always a good idea to give your visitors the ability to search your site and by using the Adsense for search, you'll get paid whenever a visitor clicks on an ads in the search results page.